Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The libido driven Gen Y




As the metro train whizzed past Yamuna bank metro station a conventional rather agitating sight caught my gaze which I couldn’t avoid staring at. This is what exactly happened when I was on my way to Laxmi Nagar, a pre adult couple in their mid 20s cozied and curled up against each other over the sitting platform meant for the waiting passengers engrossed in a passionate liplock. I guess they had no metro to catch rather they were running out of time to do too many things all together. Which left a few of those senior citizens red faced for sure. At that instance I was bewildered but then I forced myself out of the shell and savoured every moment of it. To quote a mere coincidence, it was today morning when going through the times of india, I came across an article on youths going obscene by public display of affection. And this topic brought out a very healthy discussion between me and my elder sister. She admitted to her fear that how startled she gets whenever she enters a park or recreational place with her kids as you never know behind which trunk you find a seed of obscenity being sowed and lustful couples charging and pouncing at each other as if that it was that one last time they have got to make love before the world ends. We talked how dreadful place a park has become to be with elders and kids, and this thing has spread its fangs steadily. Parks are no longer a place to take a stroll around. Wrong message is being emitted for the generations to come and worst, it charges some of those frustrated singles with negative vibes to commit hilarious crimes like rape and eve teasing. In most of the cases the ones who are innocent and unaware get victimised.
If I had a wish to make to the almighty I would have sought for satisfaction to prevail. A sense of accomplishment from inner self is what pushes us forward. But the degrading inner self and morale values is anything to take a clue from, we are definitely heading towards a world where testosterone and estrogen overtakes the emotional and relationship values. Some pseudo intellectuals call it modernisation, I call it bullshit. The simple question which I throw at them is, during the course of public display of emotions why do they tend to overlook the surrounding. They might escape away saying, how does that bother anyone ? Yeah how does that bother me but my penultimate question is, what makes you so engrossed that you overlook the surroundings or do they really think that it showcases their genuine love for their partner. Answer is draped around the question itself. A lusty soul is what I see and so do the people around who feel little awkward when they are with their elders and kids. Reason is precise, a wrong message is being sent to the people around. And more over let me see if you can garner the same amount of guts to repeat it in front of your parents and relatives.

The impatience and hormonal imbalance has reached a new level altogether and to some extent the existing system can be quoted guilty in setting up the stage for problems to cash upon and has certainly led forward a helping hand for the problems to multiply. From one side we are barb wired with old fashioned custom and from the other side we are engrossed matching pace with the fast developing world and its outdoing madness. Most of us recognise the scheme of things but a majority of us succumb to the laid trap and end up doing immoral activities which lead to the embarrassment to most of us. So my only point is that why can’t we keep our libidos in control and put most of the unwanted problems at bay. That way hotel owners will be a much happier person and our next generation will not get a wrong message for the things to inherit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate