Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tale of cosy encounters


Once in a while we find handful of lessons to learn from and a few of those snippets turn out to be a firm writing on the wall when we sit to recollect them. While JAN 01 2014 was quite an eventful day in itself than what was presumed beforehand, a few anxious rather deliberate moments gave me more than a reason to discourse it candidly.
Before I begin I must do the needful, having said that I extend my thanks giving and acknowledgement rituals. First being my gratitude to the makers of the battery operated rikshaw which runs non-stop to the adjoining areas around DELHI metro stations. And the second being the DELHI metro itself, the mother of all the public transport in India. They together make a formidable combination in providing budding youngsters more than a purpose to cheer. And me being no different from the league and a law abiding citizen I know my marked areas and enjoy the circumstances I land up in more often. “Aur dilli ki hawa me toh kuch baat zarur hai”. Ever since I landed in the national capital city, things with pleasant outcome have been occurring of late.
Well without dragging it further if I put it straight then it was Dec 13th when I landed up in one of those abrupt rather blissful incidents during one of my casual visits to my cousin sister’s place in DELHI cum Gurgaon (Ahh…it is a border area after which Gurgaon territory begins). Those who are frequent commuter of DELHI metro yellow line would know that as train leaves from SAKET towards QUTAB MINAR or vice versa train halts for a couple of minutes reason being traffic congestion when the nature of track changes i.e it changes from underground to elevated. And the nature of braking shows how amateur/pro the driver is. As the metro resumed it journey the driver pressed accelerator as if it were a plane all set for a take-off and then its brakes came down heavily, resultant some of the commuters banged themselves against the metallic wall of train while few collided with their co passengers. In my case a woman in her late 20s lost her balance abruptly and ran into me. She hit me thud on my torso. Meanwhile she was a bit cumbersome I cherished the collision as I held my ground and the steel pole firmly which I was inclined on. I completed the formality by pleading sorry and coincidentally the words even collided and we ended up beaming at each other. As I didn’t want to show case the typical chipku men attribute, I preferred to keep the things modest at my end. As I reached my destination she continued her journey to the location unknown to me. And I still bestow my wishes to the kind driver.
If that was anything lesser than the next event which unfolded on the very first day of 2014 turned out to be a perfect way to kick start NEW YEAR. Morning went past quite eventful with some new friends and family while night belonged to veteran friends. It was as late as 10:45 pm until I reached my metro station (VISHWAVIDYALAYA). But things were not that quiet as I presumed and soon after I exit metro premises I bumped into one of those parked rikshaws awaiting its last set of passengers. A lady which was in her late 20s emerged almost at the same time and grabbed the seat opposite to me. Now a little while ago I heaped praises on this cramped vehicle, few reasons being: It is quite an eco friendly as it run on battery, it is light , easy to drive and has literally handicapped the autowalas and broken their monopoly on road who misunderstood DELHI and its roads to be their ancestral property. And the most vital being the cosy architecture of the carrier. The seating system being so compact give a feeling that when applied an emergency brake a person might run into the one sitting opposite to them. Now it would have been easy for you to take a wild guess, still I would like to depict the picture of the events that followed. Lady being the lone passenger on the rikshaw felt awkward and chose to keep herself indulged by conversing with some relative of hers on phone. You can’t expect a lone girl to be comfortable among men at 11 pm that too in DELHI. Meanwhile what I could make out was that she was an average looking girl and I didn’t intend to spare much of my time gazing her. However the guy to the right of me was more interested in her and kept his gaze firmly affixed onto her. Here one thing which compels me to discourse a topic is the sensibility and the controlling capacity of the women in avoiding to stare at men, as noticed more often women don’t prefer gazing at men no matter he appears or how she is for that matter(by looks). And when I say that I refer to those women who are quite grownups and not some teenager and of course few exceptions. I suppose their operating system has been designed in such way, while men would stare at anything that goes past by women don’t pretend most of the time. In most of the cases I firmly believe that it comes naturally to them, which is a huge accomplishment in itself. Anyways while all the 3 members on board were busy with their own work I too kept myself engaged by fiddling with the phone. All of a sudden the rikshaw bumped into one of those potholes, I guess the rikshaw driver was yet to overcome the hangover attained on NEW YEAR’S eve. Little further a dog popped up from almost nowhere which prompted an immediate brake from the driver. All of a sudden the lady slid down into the alley while I was leaning forward, as if I was anticipating her to bang me. True to my belief she banged me right across my forehead with hers’ while I tilted my head by 60 degrees downwards(as an inevitable lip contact was on the cards which would have brightened my stars and would have led her to a certain embarrassment ) and reduced the collision to a head to head bump which could have gone awry.

Even the woman sensed it as this time my eyes fell upon hers’ and I caught her perplexed. She looked visibly aghast and shaky. Though her calm demeanour stated that she was thankful to me in her own way for bailing her out of that embarrassing situation. I had all reasons to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate