Thursday, December 25, 2014

Good Governance Day: Not so Good


It is Xmas Day today and the day comes nothing less than a pleasant gift to we employees of private sector as it is a day off. It was 6 in the morning and not too surprisingly my alarm started hooting. I was too dumb to switch it off last night and my alarm being dumber woke me up despite knowing that it is a holiday. Oh! How would a machine differentiate between the right and the wrong, after all iPhones are not that smart? Half awake I fished for TV remote on my bed side and tuned in to Aaj Tak for morning news updates. Nothing new or unpleasant came up, as it would happen on most of the days. But the special story on Good Governance Day was news which wrenched me to the core, a self proclaimed, exaggerated and over boasted terminology which BJP banked on through the length of their invincible election campaign. Today more than 6 months into its regime, our government it seems has forgotten most of the things that were bragged in election manifesto. And bulk of impetus lies on bilateral deals, strengthening our foreign ties, infrastructure development (as the MoU signed with neighboring countries say). Apart from that there are few incorrigible practices by the saffron party that has turned me off lately. Yes! Meanwhile Mr. Modi is quite successfully transforming into a towering statesman but I don't see that comforting poor and helpless, that again doesn't stop our sisters and daughters from getting raped. They are fucked, mistreated and thrown like used condoms in trash can. Home ministry calls it an unfortunate event, pays its condolences and things are pushed towards oblivion. If a change has to occur it has to be leveraged right from the top. Come on PM! You needed a clear mandate so that no one could meddle you with your work and don't obstruct when you are up making vital decisions, we ushered you with that.  It's high time you stopped condemning those acts and took an unprecedented step to cure our country from this plague. Here I must acknowledge that
I see good governance day as false portrayal to show off unaccomplished things. In a way you are just replicating what congress party did during their regime. In your case, your created quite a stir with GHAR WAAPSI slogan, in which you called people to convert from Christian to Hindus, don't know by which means. Now you choose to accord a new meaning to Christmas day, and in the process bragging about own-selves. Please don't tell me that you are avenging your ancestors just because they were forced to convert during Mughal regime.
Let me be very clear here that I have nothing against Bajpayeeji being conferred Bharat Ratna which congress party is trying to make an issue out of. Somewhere they have got a bitter taste of their own medicine. Given by the way congress has been uprooted first from centre and then from their ruling states, it seems they on course for a long vacation. Meanwhile I am afraid that rather than attending to these grave concerns, BJP has set foot to make India a Hindu rashtra which they staunchly confer our country as. Again, I am not against this as well. Of course other major countries worldwide have banked on their inhabitants in majority who has propelled them to prosperity, and we being a Hindu country will act as befitting reply to those who have been practising communalism to de-fragment our nation. But for god's sake PM Sir please ensure that all our mothers and sisters are fearless when they step out of their houses' premise.
As for this day, I still feel overjoyed by a mere thought of secret Santa bringing gifts for me. Christmas Day fills me with immense comfort and bliss because of the festive aroma it carries with itself and encourages us to end our year on high. I savor ample of pleasant memories that come with Dec 25. Please don't accord new name to this pious day just to suffice your needs. If at all you want to do something, start from the ground zero. If you know what I mean! And Xmas sounds much better to me. Merry Christmas!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate